Crews Respond To Two Fires In North County
North Lincoln Fire & Rescue experienced two structure fire calls the first two days of 2019. On Tuesday night January 1st at 8:00PM, there was a call to a home fire in Otis on N. Fawn Drive. The fire was reported by a neighbor who saw smoke seen coming from a window. North Lincoln fire crews rapidly extinguished the fire and contained it to the rear of single wide dwelling, unfortunately smoke and roof damage will make the home unlivable; nobody was home at the time of the fire.
Then Wednesday evening January 2nd North Lincoln Fire crews and Lincoln City police
(LCPD) responded to a motel fire at the Best Western around 5:45pm. The fire was contained to one unit but caused significant damage. The fire started in or around a microwave and spread to the kitchen cabinets. The fire caused the evacuation of the Best Western. The motel was able to reoccupy approximately an hour later.
North Lincoln Fire & Rescue thanked both Nestucca Fire and Depoe Bay Fire for moving up into the District for coverage during both these fires, and thanked LCPD for assisting in evacuating the occupants of the motel. These fires serve as a reminder to have working smoke alarms in homes and businesses, and to check them monthly throughout the year. There were no injuries reported from either fire.
Information and photos provided by Jim Kusz NLFR