After a one-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Newport will host
an Independence Day fireworks display on Yaquina Bay. This event will begin at 10:00
P.M., on Sunday, July 4, 2021. The fireworks will be dispatched from on the west end of
the International Terminals over Yaquina Bay near The Embarcadero Resort. The Coast
Guard will be enforcing an “exclusion zone” of about 400-500 feet from the firing area. No
boats are allowed inside this exclusion zone.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when celebrating
with fireworks. The State of Oregon is under drought conditions, and wildfire risk is high.
The Newport Fire Department recommends you enjoy fireworks at the city-sponsored
professional event. Lincoln City is doing two firework displays. One will be held on July 3rd Everything is set for another great holiday week with a spectacular firework display over Devils Lake. Viewing locations are available around the lake including Regatta Grounds and East Devils Lake State Park.
While viewing our firework shows, please exercise caution. Maintain distance from other groups, or wear a mask when that is not possible. Bay in the Historic Taft District of Lincoln City beginning at dusk, approximately 10:00/10:30 pm. 4TH OF JULY PARKING
Parking is permitted in the public parking lots and on the street throughout the Taft District. This area of Lincoln City becomes very busy during this event. Please be patient, exercise caution, and plan ahead!
While viewing firework shows, please exercise caution. Maintain distance from other groups, or wear a mask when that is not possible. If you plan to bring your own fireworks to celebrate, remember that not all fireworks are legal in Oregon. Your best bet is to purchase fireworks from an approved retailer in Oregon. Fireworks are not permitted in parks or on Oregon beaches. Keep it legal. Keep it safe.
Waldport will be holding a firework display on July 3. The Waldport council has banned fireworks stands and fireworks within the city limits. They will be holding their Beachcomber Days activities that weekend. Yachats has decided to not hold a fireworks display and have cancelled their LaDeDa Parade. This is due to drought conditions.
If you do purchase fireworks for private use, please consider the
following safety precautions:
● Only fireworks purchased in Oregon at a properly permitted retail location are allowed.
● Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks. Adults should always
supervise fireworks activities.
● Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
● Never have any portion of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the
fuse. Move back to a safe distance immediately after lighting.
● Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not fully functioned or appear to
have failed. After fireworks are completely spent and cool, douse the device with plenty
of water prior to discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
● Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
● Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
● Never use, ignite, or discharge any fireworks while under the influence of alcohol or