Lincoln County School District is happy to announce several important updates for the
upcoming 2023-24 school year. These changes reflect our ongoing commitment to providing exceptional education and support to our students. We are excited to share the following developments:
1. Compass Online: In the fall of 2023, Compass K-12 will transition into a highly focused 6-12 online school. This means we will no longer be serving students in grades K-5. This strategic shift will enable us to concentrate our resources and expertise on providing an exceptional educational experience tailored specifically to the unique requirements of middle and high school students. Compass Online K-5 students will continue their education with LCSD by enrolling in a brick and mortar school or an online school of their choice.
2. Future Bound Program Expansion: The highly successful Future Bound program in Newport will be extended to the North area of the District in the fall. This expansion to Taft 7-12 is designed to empower middle school students in their career and college readiness journey, offering tailored guidance, resources, and support to help them excel academically and achieve their goals.
3. New Toledo Elementary School Vice Principal: We are pleased to welcome Stacia Fletcher as the newest member of the ToES leadership team. Fletcher was a 3rd grade teacher at Sam Case Elementary School from 2018-2021 and has been an administrator in Coos Bay for the past two years.
4. Student Support Services Administrator- Behavior Position: We are delighted to announce the appointment of Natalia Aguilar to the critical role of Student Support Services Administrator. Aguilar taught English Language Development at Newport Middle School from 2020-2022 and most recently served as Vice Principal at NMS from 2022-23.
5. Newport Middle School Vice Principal Position Open: Due to Aguilar’s transition to the Student Support Services position, we are actively seeking qualified candidates to fill the vacancy for the NMS Vice Principal position. Interested candidates should apply online at lincoln.k12.or.us/our-district/careers.
District officials stated they look forward to implementing these enhancements and working together with dedicated educators, staff, families and community to ensure the success and well-being of students and further the district's mission of “Every Child, Every Day, Future Ready.”