Fire Weather Watch Monday-Wednesday
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a Fire Weather Watch for wind and low relative humidity, which is in effect from Monday morning through Wednesday evening.
* Affected Area... In Oregon... Fire Weather Zone 602 North Oregon Coast Range. Fire Weather Zone 603 East Slopes of the Central Oregon Coast Range. Fire Weather Zone 605 North Oregon Cascade Foothills. Fire Weather Zone 606 Central Oregon Cascade Foothills. In Washington... Fire Weather Zone 660 Extreme South Washington Cascades and Foothills. Fire Weather Zone 665 East Willapa Hills.
* Winds...East 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 10 percent.
* Impacts...Conditions may be favorable for rapid fire spread which may threaten life and property. Use extra caution with potential ignition sources, especially in grassy areas. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
* AFFECTED AREAS: NORTH OREGON COAST RANGE ... EAST SLOPES OF THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST RANGE ... EXTREME SOUTH WASHINGTON CASCADES AND FOOTHILLS ... CENTRAL OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS ... EAST WILLAPA HILLS ... NORTH OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.