338235486888240 486377435793741. 486377435793741.
 

Fire At Aquarium Village

Updated: Jan 26


At 8:43 PM on Monday, January 24, 2022, Newport Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a fire in a storage unit in Aquarium Village located at 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road. Upon arrival, fire units observed dark smoke coming from the rear of the building.Fire crews established a water supply and called for additional resources. Reaching the seat of the fire was hampered by poor access and clutter found inside the unit.


After gaining access, crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire and ventilate the structure. No injuries were reported. The fire was determined to be caused by a failure in an electric space heater. NFD urges keeping space heaters away from combustible materials and ensuring the power chord is in good condition.


Newport Fire Department received mutual aid response from Depoe Bay Fire District, Toledo Fire Department, Siletz Valley Fire District, Central Oregon Coast Fire & Rescue District & Seal Rock Fire District. Pacific West Ambulance, Newport Police Department, and Central Lincoln PUD provided additional assistance. Newport Fire Department responded with 1 fire engine, 1 heavy rescue, 1 chief officer and 9 firefighters.




202 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All